Cooperation Lounge Bavaria-Africa – Research and Innovation for Global Climate Action
Addressing the climate crisis requires collective action. In the aftermath of the UN Climate Change Conference COP27, this online event will gather mainly African and Bavarian, but also European and international stakeholders from academia, industry, and the public sector who wish to cooperate on solutions for tackling the global climate crisis – with a specific focus on international research and innovation projects. The event is supported by the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
On top of interesting plenary and breakout sessions, the event will offer an online platform for 1:1 matchmaking meetings - an excellent opportunity to establish contacts and initiate projects.
- climate adaptation and mitigation
- water and wetlands
- food security and safety
- health and environment
- renewable energies and hydrogen
- circularity and digitization
- earth observation and data
- start-ups and entrepreneurship
- research integrity and gender
- youth and global climate action
Please click here for the preliminary agenda.
Why you should participate
- Attend informative and interactive thematic breakout sessions (see above).
- Find new international partners for future cooperations, especially in research & innovation for global climate action.
- Extend your network by organising 1:1 meetings with international scientists and industry experts.
- Enhance the visibility of your institution towards Bavarian, African and international stakeholders in research & innovation.
- Learn about European funding opportunities for R&I projects in cooperation with African stakeholders, as well as about their national and regional implementation.
How to participate
Please register here for this event. For your registration, you will need to create a profile on this online platform. The completion of a qualified, detailed profile on this platform is a requirement for participation.
For more information on how to participate, please visit the "How it works" page here.
Participation is free of charge. Registration incl. completion of a profile on this platform is mandatory.
Registration closes on 18 November 2022.
Please note that there is only a limited number of places available for this event. An early registration is strongly recommended. In the interest of all participants, the organizers will endeavour to bring together a group of international participants with completed profiles. Therefore, if necessary, the organizers reserve the right not to consider some individual registrations.